Folders can be used to help organise the Media section and to keep similar items in a logical structure.
Creating a Folder
- Select the folder to which you would like the new folder to be a sub-folder of.
- Right-click the folder, and click Create from the actions/context menu, then select Folder from the media type drop-down and enter a name for the folder.
- Click Create.
Deleting a Folder
If you wish to tidy up the Media section of your site, you can easily delete existing folders. Once you have deleted a folder, it is sent to the Recycle Bin. If you change your mind, you can restore the deleted page from the Recycle Bin.
- Select the folder you want to delete.
- Right-click the folder, and click Delete from the actions/context menu.
- Click OK to confirm deletion of the page or click Cancel to cancel deletion.
Note that the contents of the folder are also moved to the Recycle Bin. You can restore items from the recycle bin in the same way you can in the Content section.
Moving a Folder
You can easily move folders within the Media section using the Move function.
- Select the folder you want to move.
- Right-click the folder, and click Move from the actions/context menu.
- Select the parent folder where you want to move the folder into.
- Click OK.
Sorting the Contents of a Folder
Media items in Brand Toolbox are sorted in the tree structure according to a predefined sort order. It is most common for the item that has been created most recently to be placed at the bottom of the tree structure. You can easily change the sort order of the items in a folder by using the Sort function.
- Select the folder to sort.
- Right-click the folder, and click Sort from the actions/context menu.
- Drag the folders, images and files into the required order. Alternatively, click on the Name or Creation date column header to sort the items automatically by Name or Creation date. Clicking on a column header again reverses the sort order.
- Click Save.