Talent Release & Consent Forms can be assigned to videos (or other asset types) in the Asset library.
Once assigned to a video asset, users browsing the Asset library can see that the selected video (or other asset type) has a talent release/consent form (or forms) associated with it. Privileged member groups (usually Editors & Admins) can also download the consent form directly from the frontend and view the backend filepath.
To add consent forms, follow these three simple steps below:
- Create a “Consent Form Folder”
- Upload the Video Consent Form
- Link video assets to the consent form
Note: To assign talent release and consent forms to images in the Photo library, view Photo consent forms.
1. Create a ‘Consent Form Folder’
Note: Only create a “Consent Form Folder” if it doesn’t already appear in your “Asset Library Folder”. If it does, skip to step 2. Upload the video consent form below.
To create a “Consent Form Folder”:
- In the Media > Asset library section, right-click an existing “Assets Folder” node and select Consent Form Folder from the ‘Create’ actions menu.
- Type in the folder name, e.g. “Video Consent Forms”, and click Save.
2. Upload the video consent form
Consent forms can be batch-uploaded to a ‘Consent Form Folder’. To upload the consent forms in batch:
- Select an existing “Consent Form Folder” node.
- Select the consent form files from your desktop and drag ‘n’ drop them into the content upload area.
- They will upload immediately as ‘File’ asset types.
You are now ready to: 3. Link video assets to the uploaded consent forms.
Note: Consent forms can also be uploaded or edited individually via the process below but it is far simpler to just drag-n-drop as shown above.
To upload or edit consent forms individually:
- Right-click an existing “Consent Form Folder” node, click Create from the actions menu and select File from the Create menu.
- Type in a name for the consent form (e.g. “FirstnameLastname_Date.jpg” or “VideoShootNumber_FirstnameLastname_Date.pdf”).
- Upload the consent form file via the “Upload file” button and click Save.
3. Link video assets to the consent form
Now that the consent forms have been uploaded, you can assign them to one or multiple assets/videos.
To assign the form to an asset:
- Select the asset in the Media > Asset library section and select the Properties tab.
- Scroll down to the Consent Forms picker and click Add.
- In the slide out menu, choose the consent form relevant to your asset/video. Note that multiple consent forms can be linked to a particular asset.
- Click Submit and then remember to Save the asset.
Frontend users will now be able to see (or download) the consent form in the asset detail per the example below:
Note that users can only download the consent form if their member group has permission to download consent forms. To enable consent form download, view “Consent form download settings” below.
Consent form download settings
If a member group:
- HAS PERMISSION to download consent forms, the frontend user will be able to download the consent form and view the backend filepath.
- DOES NOT HAVE PERMISSION, they can only see the consent form filename but cannot download it. It simply shows them that a consent form is associated with the selected asset.
Enable consent form download
To enable consent form downloads for a particular member group:
- Select the individual member group in the “Content > Settings > Member Groups” section.
- Select the “Settings” tab and toggle on the ‘Can Download Consent Forms’ property flag.
- Click “Save and publish”.